All vegan restaurants:
- B'Gabs Goodies: Vegan raw deli in the experimental station (61st and Blackstone). They have scones, pie, zucchini chips, pancakes, smoothies, sandwiches and burgers. They also have a lovely spice shop next to the deli.
Vegan options in other restaurants:
- We are currently working on going around to all of the restaurants in Hyde Park and asking them to point out the vegan options on their menus. If you would like to help with this, email me at email@example.com
- Hyde Park Produce: Located at 53rd and Woodlawn. This is usually the best place to find inexpensive produce. They sell premade vegan food from soul veg and other vegan companies.
- Treasure Island: Located at 55th and Harper in the shopping center. The have a lot of exotic ingredients but tend to be expensive. They sell premade vegan food from soul veg and other vegan companies.
- Open Produce: Located at 55th and Cornell. This small, quirky store has a lot of vegan options and is generally a fun place to explore. They have expensive produce, but sell it cheaply when it is close to perishing.They sell premade vegan food from soul veg and other vegan companies. They also have 60 cent vegan ice cream sandwiches.
- Michael's Fresh Market: Located on 47th and Woodlawn. They have reasonable priced produce and staples but few vegan specific foods (no soymilk, earth balance or premade vegan meals)
- Aldi Market: Located at 61st and Cottage Grove. This store has extremely cheap condiments and baking ingredients and reasonably priced produce, but absolutely no vegan specific foods.
- Save A Lot: Located on 47th and Cottage Grove. This store has little in the way of produce or vegan foods, but they do have very cheap chips and tomato sauce and other things like that.